Thursday, April 30, 2015

Twists and Turns

This month I have come across many blog worthy moments but for some reason, I can't seem to find the time to set aside and write these blogs. Life has been getting a bit busy lately so I'm going to try my best to summarize most of those blog worthy moments in one post :)

So earlier this month I received a notice from the overseas job I had applied for letting me know that I was selected as an alternate candidate. Basically, if one of the short-list candidates can no longer accept the job, for whatever reason, I may be promoted to take their place. Promotion is a 50/50 chance and it very much depends on whether or not you fit the criteria for the type of candidate a place is looking for, so while I filled out the alternate paperwork, I may not be promoted to the short list at all. As of now, I'm waiting until mid-July to see if I'm promoted at all and if not, I will be taking my name off the short list and working on getting into grad school. Wish me luck :D


Lately, I've been trying to devote more of my time to reading rather than writing largely due to two reasons 1. I have to do some research in order to really shape the world where my characters are living - and - 2. I am VERY backed up on my reading. I picked up a couple of big books that took me a while to get through this winter and that's what largely has me backed up. In addition, I've also taken a small break from anime and manga for a while. For manga, I have to do some research to figure out new titles to read. As for anime - I'm currently watching Fairy Tail and am about 105 or so episodes in. This is an ongoing anime and quite long already, so I wanted to take a breather before I keep going. So, you will not see an Animediction post at all for April, but come May I may have one up.

Along with work and trying to figure out my life from here, I've also been practicing driving as much as I can. Generally, I've taken to about 1 hour of practice 3-4 times a week. I've gotten MUCH better, but I'm still pretty bad at backing out of a parking lot and I have not even gotten to parallel parking yet. I also need to practice getting on the highway. So, seeing all I have yet to practice, I see myself taking my driving exam in early July and hopefully passing :)

Finally, I've also taken the time to start watching Japanese dramas again. I'm currently watching Tatakau! Shoten Girl. It's about a girl that loves books working in a bookstore. Like, boy can I relate! Also, I just started watching a Japanese adaptation of Flower for Algernon. Like wow, I would have never thought this could happen. While the Japanese adaptation added a whole bunch of new characters the general idea behind the story is there and it's portrayed very well. I love it already and can't wait for future episodes!

Alright, that pretty much sums up my April. Nothing too exciting but I wanted to explain why I wasn't posting much aside from MusicMix posts. I do believe May will have quite a few book reviews posted though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment