Friday, October 30, 2015

Brace Yourselves - NaNoWriMo is coming~!


Yes, in just two days time (more like 1 day really) NaNoWriMo will officially begin! What is NaNoWriMo? Well, it stands for "National Novel Writing Month." Through the website, you can sign up, post a quick snippet of the novel you will be working on and track your progress! The hope is to write 50,000 words in one month and essentially complete a novel! As you all know by now, I've been trying to write a novel since forever and I'm going to try to push myself so that I'm actually writing and producing some content (even if I end up editing half of it out by the end). The idea is to get ideas flowing and start writing it down on paper - y'know actual scenes that move the plot forward instead of just world building - so yeah.

At the moment, I have a rough outline of what will hopefully come to be "Genma" the first part in the series I am planning. Needless to say, the first part will largely follow the exploits of Genma who is a loud, rambunctious 19-year-old who is as lost as you or I when it comes to where he is going in his life. In terms of appearance, Genma is has long strands of straight black hair that hang over his eyes and hug the nape of his neck. He's approximately 5'8" with bright silver eyes (yes, you caught that right, silverish eyes, although from a certain angle they look more blue rather than silver. He likes to say they're silver - adds an air of mystery, he says) and tan skin. He makes inappropriate comments and gets himself into all sorts of trouble. It's his knack for troublemaking that opens the stage to "Genma" and will hopefully he will lead you on an interesting journey, if not a wild goose chase.

Sound interesting? I sure hope it does! Genma was one of the first characters I created (he has gone through a series of name changes. I'm pretty sure I'm sticking to this one though) and I have a bit of soft spot for him even though he's somewhat of an idiot at times....
Anyways, I leave you with a handy link so you can see my progress as I move through November and with a fair warning: I may not blog at all in November. I mean, I have trouble enough being consistent as is. However, November is not only NaNoWriMo but also a month where I have tons of big projects due for class (many of which I'm currently behind on, oops). These include a long as heck paper, a presentation, an informative graphic, a database lab, an annotated bibliography and basically tons of other things I should get to working on sooner rather than later. Well, there's your fair warning. Hopefully I can pop in once or twice during November :)

If you decide to join best of luck! If not, still wish me luck ok? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment